Welcome to the 18th Annual Betty's Run for ALS

Thank you 550,000 times!!!!
Betty's Run for ALS raised over $550,000 for ALS Support and Research! We couldn't have done it without you!

Please Save the Date: Sunday June 14, 2015

 

Runners: Click here to find your time

    

 

        

 

square login

team individual search

make direct donation

          

Betty's Run for ALS celebrates, promotes and channels hope for those affected with ALS, their families and their friends.

In 1996, Calgarian Betty Norman was diagnosed with ALS. Her year-long physical and emotional battle with this terrible disease inspired her friends and family to organize an annual fundraiser. Betty's Run for ALS has grown steadily to become one of the largest ALS fundraisers in Canada.

Over the past 17 years, Betty's Run has raised more than $5.5 million thanks to Calgarians and the corporate community. Of funds raised, 60% stay in Alberta to support those currently living with ALS through equipment and client services. The remaining 40% of funds support ongoing research into identifying the cause and cure for this devastating disease. This year we are inviting our past 17 years of "Betty's Run family" back, along with new friends to continue inspiring care, hope and community.

Register and Build a Personal Fundraising Page

You will be able to send your family and friends directly to your website to pledge you for Betty’s Run. You can create an individual website, as well as a team website – make it your own by posting photos, videos and creating your own personal message! Make sure to bookmark www.bettysrun.ca so you can come back to it later and login to your account.

Registration Fees

Registration fees are $30 before May 31st and $35 after. You must be registered for the walk/run to participate and receive a t-shirt. Children under 16 do not have to pay a registration fee but are still asked to register. Children under 16 will not receive a t-shirt or running bib (unless you register as a walker or runner and pay fee).

Don't want a fundraising page?

That's fine too! You can use this website to simply register for Betty's Run for ALS.

 

Registration Deadlines

The online registration deadline is Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. After the deadline, you must register on race day (it is recommended that you register ahead of time to avoid the rush). You may register as a runner, walker or under 16.

*Important* Race Package Pick-up

You must pick up your Race Package, which includes your running bib (if registered as a runner), a map and a t-shirt before the race. There are two pick-up times for your convenience:

Friday June 6, 2014

Time: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.

Where: Eau Claire Market - Centre Court *New Location* (200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary)

OR

Saturday June 7, 2014

Time: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Where: Eau Claire Market  - Centre Court *New Location* (200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary)

* If you are unable to pick up your package prior to the event, please go to the Glenmore Park Rowing and Canoe Club on Sunday at 8:30 a.m.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 

Social Networking

Newsletter

Keep up-to-date on the latest news at the ALS society of Alberta by subscribing to our eNews.


Receive HTML?

Login

Contact

ALS Society of Alberta
#250, 4723 - 1 Street SW Calgary,
AB Canada T2G 4Y8

Phone: 1(403)228-3857  
Fax: 1(403)228-7752  
Toll-Free: 1(888)309-1111  
E-mail: info@alsab.ca